Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
This lighter version of lemon poppy seed loaf works well as a dessert, an addition to brunch, or paired with a cup of coffee or tea.
Adapted from Tasty by Antonia Harvey, PDt
Makes: 1 loaf (12 slices)
2 1/4 cups of oat flour (or 2 1/2 cups of rolled oats, ground into oat flour)
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup poppy seeds
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (both 0% M.F. and 2% M.F. work well)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
3/4 cup honey OR 3/4 cup granulated sugar + 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease a loaf pan.
2. In medium bowl, stir together the oat flour, baking powder, and poppy seeds.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey (or sugar and water).
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and gently stir to combine.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Let cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Cool completely before slicing.