This is not an exact recipe. The type and amount of vegetables can be varied depending on your preference. Plan to have 1-2 cups vegetables for each person. Roast extra and combine with leftover rice or quinoa for lunch the next day.
· ~ 4 cups root vegetables such as: carrots, sweet potatoes, potatoes, parsnips, peeled and cut into sticks or bite- sized chunks
· 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
· 1 cup brussel sprouts, cut in half
· 4 cloves garlic, peeled
· 1-2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· Freshly ground pepper and salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Throw all of the veggies (except Brussels sprouts) in a bowl and toss with a olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with pepper and salt to taste.
4. Spread vegetables out onto a roasting pan or cookie sheet. To prevent sticking you can use parchment paper.
5. Stir every 10 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts after about 20 minutes. Roast for about 45 – 50 minutes. Vegetables are done when they can be pierced with a fork.
Add a few sprigs of rosemary or thyme or a little cumin and red pepper flakes.
Recipe and photo by: Edie Shaw-Ewald, RD